The Cougar Slayer Ride is a FREE, underground, unsanctioned, unofficial, mountain bike race/ride/adventure. The event date is Saturday Sept 8, 2018. On race day we will have fully stocked aid stations supplied by our sponsors.
Can’t make 9/8, you can do the route on your own between July 1 thru Sept 30.
How it works:
1) Register for the event to receive the password for the locked tabs on the website, cost is $25
2) Download the gps file from the maps tab
3) Ride the full course
4) Upload your ride to Strava
5) Send us your Strava link and we’ll post your time on the website
6) If you complete or attempt the course we’ll give you your registration money back (yes the race is free). If you complete the full course you can choose to donate your $25 and we’ll give you a finishers belt buckle (new design for 2018).
Want to know more about where your donated $25 is going? See here.
We have 1 format, FUN!
We are going to have 2 results categories, XC & Enduro. Everyone is participating in the XC & Enduro.
XC: The fastest overall time wins, not ride time.
Enduro: The fastest overall combined downhill time on predetermined segments wins.
Everyone who completes the full course can forgo their registration cost and receive a finishers belt buckle, under 7 hrs gets you a hand made one! (further details in the registration page)
You need to use a gps or cell phone because the course won’t be marked.
After the event, join us for a post-party that will knock your boots off or cycling shoes. We’ll have refreshments and food, please bring the entire family. And of course we’ll have a cougar piñata for the little ones.
A local cool dude, Tim, is brewing couple tasty beers with help from another cool dude, Chad, for the post party. They are brewing a Cougar Slayson (saison) & Cougar Slayer White Ale (CSWA). Thanks to those guys!